~ 10 Things I Love About the Holiday Season ~

Tuesday, December 2, 2014











 
Once again we are waving goodbye to Fall and the holiday season is here with Christmas and New Years quickly approaching!  Oh how I love this time of the year.....Not only are the seasons changing and the weather is getting colder, but the stores are getting more crowded, sales are everywhere, more traffic on the highways, and children are making their lists and checking them twice!  Its definitely beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here where I am from and I absolutely LOVE IT!!!
 
 
 
~ 10 Things I Love About the Holiday Season ~

 
 


 
 
1.  Christmas Lights and Decorations
I love seeing the many different Christmas lights and displays around town during this time of the year!  I remember when I was younger, my grandparents went out of their way to decorate the house and yard for Christmas.  When I see decorations I am always reminded of those times....Of course I didn't waste any time this year and my home is fully decorated and ready for the holiday season!


2.  Christmas Music
I enjoy all of the holiday music and different Christmas songs!  Silent Night has to be one of my all time favorites.  I really like Mariah Carey's Christmas album and I also love Destiny Child's Christmas album.  I remember back in the day my parents would always play the Christmas album by the Temptations and I still love that album.  It is a classic....


3.  Shopping
Sales! Sales! Sales!  Need I say more.....I never go shopping on Black Friday because I cannot deal with the large crowds and the pushing and shoving and all, however I do take time to do my holiday shopping when I can and I try my hardest to avoid large crowds, even though I know its kind of hard during this time of the year.  I also do a lot of online shopping and I definitely took advantage of Cyber Monday!


4.  Family Time!
I am so thankful for each and every day that I get to spend with my loved ones.  Its something about the holiday season that makes spending time with family even more special.  Exchanging gifts, laughing, sharing old memories and making new memories......


5.  Food
I think I gain between 10-15 pounds during this time of the year.  Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, there are no restraints when it comes to the food and when its time to eat, ITS TIME TO EAT!!! LOL 
I love stopping at Hickory Farms during Christmas because they have some of the best holiday goodies from sweets to cheeses and meats.


 

 
 
6.  Christmas Movies
Lifetime and the Hallmark Channel have some of the best holiday movies each year and I love watching holiday love stories.  Some of my all time favorite holiday movies are Home Alone, Frosty the Snowman, A Christmas Carol, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer....The list goes on and on....


7.  Christmas Traditions
Baking cookies, putting up Christmas decorations, watching holiday movies while drinking hot chocolate...Me and my family love certain traditions during the holidays and they never seem to grow old.

 
8.  Christmas Eve
We usually spend Christmas Eve at my mother's house each year and we have dinner and exchange gifts!  There's something about the night before Christmas that is so special....Watching the kids get anxious and excited about Christmas Day is fun and always brings a smile to my face. 


9.  Jesus is the Reason for the Season!
Christmas is a time to honor and celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!  This has been our tradition and meaning behind the holiday for ages.  Santa Claus, elves and gifts are all fun and a part of the holiday, however the celebration of baby Jesus is my family's true reason for the season.


10.  Countdown to New Years Day!
10....9....8....7...6....5....4....3....2....1....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!  I love staying up late on New Years Eve and counting down to the new year!  This is so exciting and fun to celebrate.  To think about everything that has been accomplished over the past year and to look forward to everything coming in the year ahead.  New Years is such an exciting time for me and one of the things I look forward to during the holiday season!



 


What are some of the things you love about the holiday season?  Please leave me a comment below and let me know!  I would love to hear about some of your traditions and fun times during the holiday season.....





Until next time....Stay Beautiful & Keep it Humble!
~Tab
xoxo

 



Twitter @humblebeauty29
Instagram @humblebeauty29




1 comment:

  1. Absolutely agree with every paragraph. I'm feeling specially happy and loved at this time of the year. I would add snow as an association with Christmas, walking the street with your beloved one in the evening and feeling that crispy snowflakes under your feet or falling on your nose. Have a beautiful evening:)

    http://oksiblueberry.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design