35! But Who's Counting?

Saturday, May 2, 2015







May 2, 1980
 
 
So today I have been blessed with 35 years of life here on earth!  And I am thanking God for every moment....I feel blessed to be alive, blessed to have health and strength, blessed to have my husband and son, and blessed to even have the opportunity to share with you how blessed I really feel right now.  Truly thankful and truly blessed to be alive to celebrate yet another year....
 
 


Rings from Charming Charlie & Bracelet from Love Culture


A lot of women are hush hush when it comes to sharing their age, especially after the years seem to come and go, come and go, and then more years just come and go, and so forth.  The society we live in puts so much pressure on women to look a certain way and fit into certain standards, that it can actually be psychologically challenging to age as a women and still feel beautiful.  In our world, youth is beauty, being thin is beauty, being young and fresh is what attracts attention and what makes money. 

True, a lot of beauty and fashion bloggers are in their twenties.  That's cool.  Society says you are too old to do certain things once you reach a certain age - too old to go back to school, too old to start your own business, too old to work in that field.  That's cool.  Some may say "Your time is up."  That's cool.  As you can see, a lot of things are "cool" in my eyes.  It's cool they are "counting" so let them keep count.  I am HAPPY to say I am 35 years old!  HAPPY to celebrate another year, and so HAPPY to blog about it. 



I love these wedges from Forever 21


 Handbag from Amazon.com
I call this my Celine inspired bag!


 
 
 
Because while they are busy counting, and busy setting unrealistic, superficial standards, I will be busy BLOGGING, SUCCEEDING, ACCOMPLISHING BIGGER & GREATER THINGS, and ONLY GETTING BETTER WITH TIME!  And if I can do it, then so can YOU!





Until Next Time...... 
 xoxo
 
 
 
 ~Tab 
 

Twitter/Instagram @humblebeauty29 

8 comments:

  1. I looove your floral wedge! It's so pretty... and 35? Seriously? You're a stunner!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Thank you so much, yes I believe they made a mistake on my birth certificate!! lol
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! Such an inspiring post! I love those wedges, the floral pattern is really pretty!

    Keisha xo
    www.chrysalisgals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keisha! I love wedges, they are comfortable to walk in :)
      xo

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! You look beautiful and I love your floral wedges! keep up the good work. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by! I appreciate your kind words...
      xo

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design