Vitamin C For the Skin

Tuesday, June 24, 2014








Greetings my dear friends and I hope your week has been superb thus far!  I am super excited to have a few days off from work coming up on Thursday and Friday and boy I can't wait!  Just to take some time away from work and have some "me" time is all I am looking forward to.  Not to mention I plan on doing a little shopping and I will have a haul for you all coming up next week!!  My very first haul on my blog!!

Anyways, on to today's post.... I would like to chat a little about the benefits of Vitamin C for the skin.  Last week, I did a blog post on my current skincare must haves and if you missed that post, I have included the link below...
 
 
I completely left out one of the most important steps of my nighttime skin care routine!  My Vitamin C serum drops!  I currently use the Springs Vitamin C 20% with Vitamin E and 100% Natural Zemea.  I use this serum after my cleanser and toner.  I purchased my bottle from Amazon.com and the price point is $18.97 for 1 fl oz.



 
 
 
Vitamin C, when applied topically to the skin has been proven to have phenomenal skin benefits.  Vitamin C improves collagen synthesis and brightens dark spots and/or acne scarring on the skin.  It also limits the damage of free radicals on the skin, not to mention improvement in skin texture and tone.  Lets all say goodbye to premature aging skin, fine lines and wrinkles!
 
 To be effective, the concentration of topical Vitamin C serum should be between 10% - 20%.  If you have sensitive skin, a 20% Vitamin C serum may be a bit overbearing to start off with because it can cause redness or a tingling sensation at first.  I would suggest starting off with a lower concentration to begin with and work your way up to a higher concentration over time. 
 
Vitamin C taken orally is also a plus and I start my morning off each and every day with a Vitamin C tablet. 
 
Definitely take some time and do a little research on the benefits of Vitamin C and consider adding this beneficial Vitamin into your daily regimen. 
 
 
 
  Please leave your comments, I would love to hear from you and don't forget to click on the Google Follow button!  :-)
 
Until next time....Stay Beautiful & Keep it Humble!
~HumbleBeauty




**All pictures credited to Google Images**

Twitter @humblebeauty29
Instagram @humblebeauty29

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design