"Beautiful Success" Featuring ERICA DIAS

Sunday, January 11, 2015




 
 

ERICA DIAS
 Wardrobe Stylist, Publicist, and Co-Owner of The B Firm PR

 
 
 "I want to be remembered for being family oriented, driven, passionate about helping others, and encouraging women to continue to chase their dreams."
- Erica Dias
 
 
 
Erica Dias is no new comer to the scene; she has worked in the industry for over 10 years and she is just getting started!  Erica, along with her sister Ashley Jernigan, are co-owners of The B Firm PR, a Public Relations and Marketing firm specializing in PR for everything from Fashion to Beauty and clients in the Entertainment industry.  On a daily basis Erica works with her clients behind the scenes in building brands, making dreams a reality, and taking careers to the next level. 
 
Erica Dias has worked with companies such as Billion's Big Dreams, IMME Collection, Comcast, Tivo, and Nordstroms - just to name a few. She has also worked with clients in the NFL, Author Miasha, and Mz. Skittlez, owner of The Cupcake Mafia in Atlanta, GA.
 
 
 
 
 
 
In addition to her career with The B Firm PR, Erica Dias is also the creator of A Table of 20.  Erica has teamed up with Neiman Marcus to provide a chic dining experience for A Table of 20 that provides the platform for established and soon to be business owners from different career fields to come speak, share their stories, network, and build relationships.  
 
 
 
 
 
 

"I knew then too that I had more than just one talent, I never wanted to limit myself when I was coming up in the industry. I knew that I wanted to work behind the scenes, but to what capacity I was still figuring it out. I knew fashion and working with others was my way of chasing my dreams."
-Erica Dias
 
 
 
 Ashley Jernigan & Erica Dias
Co-Owners of The B Firm PR
 
 
 
I was grateful to have the opportunity to chat with Erica and ask her a few questions regarding her career and what "Success" means to her. Speaking with her inspired me all over again and motivated me to work even harder to strive for greatness! Erica Dias exemplifies the true definition of "Beautiful Success" and I hope that her story inspires you just as much as it did for me....
 
 
*******************
 
 
HumbleBeauty:  At what point in your life did you know what you wanted to do career wise?
 
Erica Dias:  Honestly, when I was 15 years old I knew that I wanted to be in the fashion industry.  That's where my real career passion started.  I knew that I wanted to work in the fashion industry behind the scenes.  I reached out to the fashion guru herself, June Ambrose when I was 15.  I was actually in high school and I had watched this movie that she had done costume design for, meaning that she picked out the clothes that they wore in the movie and I got her office number and I spoke to her assistant.  I guess I sounded professional enough to where he was able to allow me to speak to June, herself.  So, when I spoke to her I explained who I was, how old I was, and I told her that I had aspirations to be a fashion stylist and that if she would mentor me and give me the tricks of the trade,  I would do everything that she said and I would come work for her for free when I graduated high school.  She was like - Oh my God, you're 15?! (laughs) She gave me a telephone internship on and off for like two years and I'll never forget when I was around 17 years old, she asked me if I could fly to L.A.!  Mind you I had never met her, I had only magazine cut outs of her and I had followed her career path and she was just like a "Fairy God-Mother" in my head.  She called me and asked if I could fly to L.A.  I flew to L.A. and she gave me my first opportunity working as a wardrobe assistant for a Missy Elliott video called - "I'm Really Really Hot" and that was my first opportunity in the industry working on a major project like that.  But I had done different things that she had told me to do prior to me meeting her.  I knew then too that I had more than just one talent, I never wanted to limit myself when I was coming up in the industry.  I knew that I wanted to work behind the scenes, but to what capacity I was still figuring it out.  I knew fashion and working with others was my way of chasing my dreams. So at 15, I've always known what I wanted to do.
 
HumbleBeauty:  What do you love most about your career?
 
Erica Dias:  I love being able to see the smiles and the astonishment on my client's faces.  Whether they are doing a radio interview or in a magazine, I love the end result.  For instance, my client Billion's Big Dreams, a watch company, the owner is from California and mind you I was living in Atlanta and for him to see his watch line on reality shows and on different celebrities, and him doing radio interviews all from the comfort of his own barber shop, because he owns a barber shop as well, it was just amazing and glorifying to be able to help him achieve his goals and dreams that he didn't even foresee.  So that is what I really love just taking someone who is a small business and turning them into a global business.  I love helping people and seeing them really evolve.
 
HumbleBeauty:  What drives and motivates you?
 
Erica Dias:  I would have to say my Parents and family.  I come from a long line of entrepreneurs and people who are self starters.  Their drive just inspired me so much to want to pursue my own goals and to make my dream outside of my family's name come true.  So I would say my family, my little brothers and sisters, and God. 
 
HumbleBeauty:  If you could define "Success" what does success mean to you?
 
Erica Dias:  Success means to me positivity and having a positive outlook on life.  Success to me doesn't necessarily mean anything materialistic.  I am successful because I have my sister, my mom and my dad, and my family who really do believe in me.  I've never been the type of person that tries to achieve my goals for other people.  I am really more driven by my family and me making them proud.  To me, having them believe in me is success. 
 
 
 
 
 
HumbleBeauty:  What has been your greatest accomplishment in life?
 
Erica Dias:  My greatest accomplishment in life has been turning The B Firm PR into a real business, which started with only a thought.  It was a conversation that me and my sister had over the phone and she took it and ran with it.  Us making it into a reality to where people in different states call us and want to work with us!  That has been a real accomplishment to be able to get clients on a consistent basis and I am always so grateful for every person that has called us and inquired about our business.  Also, the Table For 20 series that I have been doing for the past couple months with Neimen Marcus.  Growing up for me, I did have mentors and I still do, and I wanted to create an atmosphere for women to eat, network and really build relationships with other women in all different career fields.  So I have this monthly series called A Table For 20, where I have different guest speakers from different career fields come and speak and share their stories on how they got started.  I am also affiliated with an organization called Walkers Legacy, I am the Atlanta Chair for Walkers Legacy, and we do a lot of philanthropy and giving back.  Every 4th Sunday I go to the Atlanta Mission to feed the women and their children.  I also volunteer with an organization called Party With A Purpose where we feed homeless women and men.  I love giving back and helping any and everyone that I can.  I am always grateful and blessed to be able to give back. 
 
HumbleBeauty:  What do you want to be most remembered for?
 
Erica Dias:  I want to be remembered for being a women who was driven by helping others.  I'm not driven by material things.  I really want people to remember me as a woman who was very passionate about what she did, I gave it my all - 110% no matter if I was getting paid a dollar, no dollars, five thousand dollars whatever it is, that throughout the process I gave it my all and was dedicated to my work and to my family.  I want to be remembered for being family oriented, driven, passionate about helping others, and encouraging women to continue to chase their dreams.  I always tell people that what God has for you, is for you.  Anything that you want in life can definitely be achieved, it has to start off with a positive thought and you just continue to walk into that moment and let God use you and He will make it happen for you.
 
HumbleBeauty:  What advice would you give to other women on the path to pursuing their dreams?
 
Erica Dias:  I would say definitely have some sort of relationship with some higher power.  Whether that's God or some type of higher power that you can consult with.  I would also say surround yourself with positive people.  Find a mentor or sponsor or someone who has an invested interest - someone that you can talk to that has done what you aspire to do.  Also, set goals for yourself - create a vision board and have positive things around you that keep you on the right track.  Believe in yourself, it has to start with you - always have self love and faith in yourself... 
 
 
 
 

 

 
  
Connect with Erica Dias:
Twitter/Instagram:  @fashion101ed
Instagram:  @tableof20
 
 
Connect with The B Firm PR:
Instagram: @thebfirmPR
Facebook: The B Firm: PR Consulting
 
 
 
**Special Thank you to Erica Dias for taking the time to speak with HumbleBeauty and being the very first feature on HumbleBeauty's "Beautiful Success" series!  Thank you Erica for your advice and all of your hard work and dedication to others.  You are the true definition of what it means to be a beautiful success in life.  Wishing you much success and may God continue to bless you in all of your future endeavors!
 


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you lovely lady! I will be doing more posts like this coming up in the future featuring more encouraging and successful women. Stay tuned!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Fantastic post, thanks for sharing! Look forward to your next post! <3

    I have a new outfit post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your response Helen! I will definitely check out your latest post...I always love reading your posts!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful interview. She's very successful and very inspiring.

    http://heidepadilla.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post! More interviews/features to come!! :))

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design