CURVES AND LASHES TAKEOVER ~ GUEST POST

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

 


I will be taking over Tab's blog for a day! You can call me Shayy from Curves and Lashes. I was kindly asked by Tab to guest post and since we're in the beginning of a new year, I thought,
"Why not look back at my best/most used products of last year."
 It has been long overdue, however, I hope you all enjoy what I have in store for you. Here are some of my 2014 Beauty Favorites .

Disclaimer | Apologies beforehand for the quality of my products. I have been using them for (obviously) a year, some, even longer. Therefore the packaging or product itself may look worn down.


Paco Rabanne BLACK XS - This perfume has been my favorite scent for the past 2 years and in no way will I be changing it anytime soon. It is a sweet and sexy but musky, grown-up scent, featured in a seductively gothic bottle with an emboss of a rose. Not only do I love the packaging and it's translucent berry-shade glass bottle, but the perfume's longevity. A few spritz onto your clothes goes a long way. I also tend to enjoy the scent more, the longer it has actually set onto my clothing. 


NARS Sheer Glow Foundation - This foundation has always been my holy grail of foundations. I have dry skin and this definitely works a treat! As the name suggests, this foundation gives you a dewy, silk-like finish. It evens out my complexion and gives me a boost of radiance whenever my face needs some sort of life. It has buildable coverage for those night outs and can also be worn "sheer" on a daily basis. Hands down will definitely be repurchasing this for the third time!


ELF Powder Brush - This dense, yet soft powder brush allows you to blend liquid foundations well and even set your powders without cakeyness. I personally use it to blend my NARS foundation and it works well hand-in-hand. This brush is always sold out on the ELF website so I guess I can't be the only one raving about its amazingness?

SLEEK i-Divine Vintage Romance Palette - My first ever SLEEK Palette (well, my only palette for that matter) is the Vintage Romance edition that includes a gorgeous array of golds and purples. A must-have in my books as SLEEK products are very affordable and highly pigmented. The shadows are so buttery to touch, glides well for a good blend, and amazing pigmentation that will last for hours.


MAC Ruby Woo - for this festive-filled season, the infamous Ruby Woo needed to be mentioned in my favorites. Need I say more? It's the perfect, festive red. The matte finish can be drying for some people but to me, I really don't mind it as it stays put for hours and hours! Great for parties and celebrations where the last thing you wanna do is check your lips every time you sip a cocktail. Did I mention the blue undertone also makes your teeth appear whiter?

MAC RebelAn all-time favorite of mine is MAC's REBEL Lipstick. Isn't it just the perfect autumnal/winter color? Just wait till you put it on! I have been through three tubes of this beautiful berry shade, I hate to admit it, but I do actually believe I have obsession with this color. Rebel is part of the permanent line at MAC, described as a midtonal cream plum - quite a popular shade around the beauty world, If you're only starting out with bolder, darker lip shades, I'd say try this one as it isn't a big leap from a deep pink or a red shade, it's actually bang in the middle.


BARRY M Lychee - It was all about the neutral tones for Autumn winter 2014. The "nude-nail" look was in, and obviously, I also had to jump in on the hype! Lychee is such a gorgeous nude shade that will enhance a tan but also create minimalistic simplicity in your outfit. 

BARRY M Blossom - For the Summer, I was on a pastel hype. I picked up a few of the BARRY M SILK finishes and fell straight in love with the shade 'Blossom. A pastel-pink pearlescent finish that I can only describe as a baby-pink candy floss color. The consistency was thick and only needed 2 coats for an opaque finish. '


What are your favorite 2014 Beauty Products?
please comment below




Share





   Google+

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful guest post, Shayy. The Paco Rabanne fragrance seems so intriguing. I must hunt for it. I love Nars foundation. It is great for my skin type.I hope you are doing well, Tab. Great beauty review.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design