"Defining Your Personal Style"

Sunday, February 1, 2015



 
- An approach to fashion as exclusive as ones very own fingerprint....
 
 
 
            Are heels a must in your everyday life?  Do you find yourself obsessing over the latest fashion trends and what’s new on the runways; or are you always grabbing for that favorite comfortable sweater, skinny jeans and boots?  The norm in your life.  Whatever the case may be, it’s safely fair to say that each one of us has our own unique and self-defining style.  Our very own personal style….

 
Webster's Dictionary defines style as such:  Conformity to a recognized standard; manner which is deemed elegant and appropriate, especially in social demeanor; fashion. 
 
 


 
If you are anything like me, defining personal style can be a bit of a challenge, as I’d rather not box myself into a specific category.  I have been attempting to define my “personal style” for a while now, and being the eclectic person that I am, I have yet to come up with any rhyme or reason to my own “style.”   It can change from day to day, depending upon the environment, the weather, or my state of mind.  Have you ever felt flat out yucky and just decided to throw on some sweats and tennis shoes and call it a day?  Or on a cold and gloomy day you decided to “dress down” to accommodate the elements.  I do know that style can range and vary from the way you carry yourself, the way you speak, how you choose to wear your hair and make-up, all the way down to the foods you eat and the lifestyle you choose to live.  Style is the very essence of who you are. 

So today I challenge you!  I challenge myself!  Think about who you are as a person and what things make you happy in life.  How do you carry yourself and how do you speak?  How do you love wearing your hair and make-up?  Is your closet full of heels or flats?  I challenge you to think about these things and what makes you unique as an individual.  I challenge you to explore the very essence of who you really are.  

I challenge you to the question – “What is your personal style?” 
 
 
 

Dress:  Papaya
Jacket:  Papaya
Boots:  DSW Shoes
Watch:  Michael Kors
Bracelets:  Forever 21




 
Until next time....Stay Beautiful & Keep it Humble!

-Tab

xoxo






Twitter/Instagram @humblebeauty29
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Great post! Love your dress! The print is beautiful

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dress is gorgeous! love the post

    www.bumascloset.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Designed By Boutique-Website-Design